Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 2

Day 2. Another day. She is officially a bus riding kindergartner. I'm learning that one of the hardest parts of all this is that I am putting my baby on a bus and praying that they don't lose her and take her where they are supposed to. That's a lot of blind trust, and it's hard.

By all accounts she had a great day yesterday.

The ride home on the bus was a little bumpy. We had a Heat Advisory with heat indexes in the 100's and her bus isn't air conditioned, so she was bright red when she came off the bus. Add to that a pop up shower downpour that started literally 3 minutes before she arrived, and her fear that she wasn't going to get dropped off at home and they were going to have to take her back to school, and you have a slightly freaked out little girl.

The bus stops at the stop sign near our house, but that means the bus passes our house before it stops. She saw it pass our house and thought it wasn't going to stop. Poor thing. She had Matt and I freaked out when she was so weird coming off the bus. We thought she'd be excited, and instead she was recovering from heat, rain, and panic. The good news is that 5-10 minutes later, she was fine.

But oh, Friends, let me tell you about the rest of my Wednesday morning, also.

So, Lily and I started out our morning, which let me tell you, was weird. Just having her. But, I was just starting to have fun with it and get over my weepy self, when Lily fell on the stairs (maybe 5-6 stairs). She has been getting more and more confident on them, and we've been working on going up and down them with her. So, of course, the one time I'm not right behind her, she slips, turns around, and falls. I saw the whole thing. She cried and cried, and kept holding her left arm funny. I gave it some time thinking that she just bumped it really good, but it kept not getting better. She would stop crying and then as soon as she'd try to do something with her left hand (self feed, put her paci in her mouth), the screams and crying came back. I finally called the doctor and he faxed in an order for an x-ray. It didn't take too long and we got the results back in less than an hour. No break, no sprain. Phfew! She is completely fine now, she just must have knocked it really good.

So, not only did I put Abby on the bus for her first day of kindergarten yesterday, but I also had to take my baby to the hospital for x-rays (a first for me). Not the best day ever. I was an emotional mess.

BUT, today is a new day! No tears for me at the bus stop and Lily and I are headed to do some playing at the Children's Museum this morning. No more drama for me (Please, God!).

The Lord says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you."
-Isaiah 43:2


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails