Monday, April 26, 2010

Inconvenient, to say the least

We seemed to be operating under a theme this weekend of inconvenience. And that is putting it lightly. The most dramatic...


You see the image of the fire hydrant spraying a fine stream of water at high speeds above? Yeah. Well, that is what happened at our house, except it was coming out of the wall. I finally pressured Matt into hard mounting the baby gate at the top of the stairs this weekend. What happened? Yup. Hit a main water line with a screw. Won.der.ful. We quickly got water to the whole house turned off and called the plumber. This, of course, happened Saturday evening at about 6:30. Just think of all the things you can't do without water: baths, flush the toilet, dishes, etc. Also, can you say "after hours costs?" They didn't get here until about 10:00 p.m. I think God worked a miracle in that the girls both slept through it all (sawing through drywall and everything).

Next inconvenience? Thursday night we awoke to a crying Lily covered in vomit. Awesome. It was in her ear and through her hair.... Nasty. I had to give her a bath in the middle of the night. Then, she popped a fever. Luckily, she only threw up once, but I freaked out about it for the next 36 hours. Of course my Mom was here for Grandparent's Day at Abby's preschool, so we couldn't get out and do anything fun because we had a sick Lily.

Next, Abby had/has another bout of her horrible dry cough that nothing helps. I called the doctor to make an appointment today to discuss the possibility of allergies and/or asthma. If she does have one or both, I think they are minor cases, but OTC stuff just isn't doing the trick. I was reading online and a lot of the symptoms fit for allergy induced asthma. We'll see what he says this afternoon at our appointment.

...my last inconvenience for the day? If it doesn't stop raining, I. am. going. to. scream. I am so tired of this back and forth stuff (which again, is what I think Abby's problem is)! I swear on a daily basis I switch back and forth between heat and air conditioning. We're lucky we're not all sick.

Yikes, I just reread my post and I sound like a Grumpy Gus. Sorry. I think I'm going to start a countdown to DisneyWorld. That will make me happy...

(another thing that makes me happy? Lily is pulling up!
Check out this fuzzy picture from my phone... she did that all by herself!)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails