Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Good Shoes

In preparation for our vacation to Disney World in mid-May, I have been doing way too much thinking about shoes. I want us all to have shoes that aren't going to kill our feet, and yet, I'm not a sneaker girl.

  • Funny Story: We were talking about this very issue at dinner tonight and Abby told Matt that he can't wear sneakers because he can't wear socks in the summer. It is too hot. He then told her he was going to wear black knee high socks. Hilarious. She is my daughter.
Okay, back to topic... However, my cheapo flip flops from Old Navy just aren't going to cut it. I have a friend, who has similar taste to mine, that swears by a pair of Crocs sandals that she bought for a vacation a couple of years ago. They don't look too much like Crocs (which for her and I is a bonus) and are super comfy. What do you think?
Pretty cute, right? Basic and not bright pink and orange (and I actually like the purple footbed part). I think I could like them. The only problem is the only place I can find them is eBay. The Crocs website is out of my size in the non-obnoxious colors (By the way, in case you're curious, they are called the Cleo). I think they are probably discontinuing them. I looked today at a couple places at the mall, so that I could at least try them on and no one had them in stock. Bummer. So, do I just trust and buy them on eBay? I don't want to waste money, but if I end up loving them as much as my friend, R, then they'll be worth it. Hmmm. And, how do I convince Matt that I need more shoes? (that is probably the hardest part, right?)

What do you think?

EDITED TO ADD: I just ordered them on eBay this morning!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Why convince Matt? Just buy them. Don't tell him and just show up at Disney wearing them. that's my solution. Also, Reef has REALLY comfy flip flops. REALLY comfy. Check those out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails