Sunday, November 2, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter


As a kid, I LOVED eating salad. My parents would buy me those Italian salad dressing mixes (where you made it yourself with vinegar, oil, and water), and I would eat salad until my heart's content. I remember taking a big ol' bowl of salad in my lunchbox in elementary school, and it was the best lunch even though I knew it was a little weird.

Fast forward to 2008. My daughter loves salad. We went out to our local pizza place recently and I got the salad bar and shared it with her. She went to town on it. Her favorite thing is the croutons. But- she also loves "purple lettuce", cheese, egg, and carrots. It must have "white dressing" aka Ranch. Tonight Matt gave her a choice for dinner. He was going to make our family favorite, Pineapple Pancakes, or she could have salad. She chose salad. Granted she also wanted a pancake once they were ready, but her first choice? Salad.

Like Mother, Like Daughter.

1 comment:

Everything Lissy said...

two peas in a pod. two WEIRD peas in a pod.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails