Friday, February 28, 2014

A Craft Thursday Tradition Beginning?

A couple weeks ago, I posted about a Valentine craft that the girls and I did, and how I was trying to get back at crafting with the girls.  Well, this is my officially, telling "the world," about our new goal of Craft Thursdays.  The hardest part of this goal is me being prepared with a project.  We'll see if I can keep it up-

Part of what makes Thursday so perfect is that it is the one night that we usually have no other weekly obligations.  No gymnastics, no meetings, just family time.

When Abby got in the car after school, she was VERY ready to start Craft Thursday.  She even bought a No Homework day with her Behavior Bucks at school, so she didn't have homework. It's nice to have someone in such a good mood when they come home.

This week, we worked on painted popsicle sticks in rainbow colors.  Abby thought it was going to be sooooo boring at first, but then she enjoyed the simple act of painting.  We underestimate how fun it is to just paint.  They painted 5 sticks in each color.


Then, I hot glued them into stars, and we made them into a banner for our kitchen dining area.  Very cute!


It is interesting to see how different people react to the messiness of kids with paint.  Matt got home and the girls were painting.  I will say, oh how we love him, but messiness like this, is not his forte.  He survived, but I did have to speak in an even calm voice to him throughout- ha.

I'll keep you posted on our progress and projects!   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails