Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Five, projects, and more snow.

So, winter continues....

Our schedule has been crazy with school.  I'm not sure we've had a regular week since we've been back from Winter Break.  It's nice to have lazy mornings with all the 2 hour delays, but the lack of routine is pretty crazy.  On days that Lily has preschool when there is a 2 hour delay, her schedule is unaffected, so Abby stays with me while I take Lily to preschool drop off.  

One morning we took advantage of this and stopped for breakfast burritos after drop off.  Abby LOVED it.



We also celebrated Lily's birthday last week.  Five.  Can you believe it?  We've only had a small celebration with the 4 of us because weather and illness (and honestly, busy schedules too) keeps getting in the way of other family joining us. 

She got her first big American Girl Doll- the Doll of the Year, Isabelle.  This is the moment when Abby figured it out and Lily just looks a little smug.  I love it.



Here is Isabelle begin introduced to Molly and Kit.


Last week I worked on a new project:  a princess-playdress.  I bought a pattern and tutorial on Etsy and just dove in.  I made my first attempt for Lily, as a Rapunzel dress.


I'm really happy with how it turned out.



We again got a ton of snow.  Again.  This time, however, we have a new snowblower!  It definitely makes clearing the driveway so much easier.  Matt was in a much better mood when he came in than when he shoveled in the past.

We decided to go on a quick walk after lunch to get some fresh air today.  It wasn't completely bitter cold out and we thought we'd just walk down the street and back.  The girls had so much fun.

This picture got a ton of "likes" on Facebook, but you didn't see the second shot, which, when together, clearly shows who the ham in the family is.  At least for this moment.  Good grief.  That girl.


And... you put a giant mound of snow in front of the house and someone is going to want to climb it.  

If you look close, you can see the snowball, in air, that Abby threw at me as I took the picture.  Sneak.


And, finally, the forecast for you all.... this made Matt laugh for about 10 minutes when I texted it to him a week or so ago.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

Dawna said...

Love the forecast! Made me giggle! Hoping Wednesday's weather will be nice because I really want to see everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails