Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Crafts

Happy Valentine's Day!

The girls and I did a couple heart inspired crafts yesterday in honor of Valentine's Day.  

It seems as though I've seen this toilet paper craft everywhere lately, and I finally decided to try it.   You bend your rolls into a heart shape and then use them as a stamp.  This project was definitely more suited for Lily's age.  Abby was a little bored by it, even though hers turned out pretty.  We used pink and red paint.





For the second project, we used watercolor paints.  I gave them an idea of what they could do, but no major rules.

 This was my example:

This was a project much better suited for Abby's age.  It was one that was designed to take longer.  Lily was much to impatient to try to paint hearts and make it take a long time.  She was done quickly and then playing in her room while Abby was still painting.  Abby filled her entire page with small hearts.



We had a good time.  I've kind of fallen off the art/craft wagon.  We cancelled our Kiwi Crate subscription last fall, so I need to do a better job of making a concerted effort to do arts and crafts.  The girls and I both enjoy it.  Here's to doing more!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails