Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Our new hobby of Antiquing...

So, I googled "Antiquing" and it actually came up with a definition for those who are interested.  It "is a shopping activity."  I agree.

Matt and I have gone to antique malls years ago (like probably more than 10), but we just went again with the girls this weekend.  This time around, we actually have a house to outfit with cool stuff and I have a little more of a "vision" for what I might like to look for.  It was a LOT more fun.   It helps that some of the blogs that I read talk about finds they've scored and made work in their homes.  It gives me a little bit of inspiration.

The girls were very creeped out by some of the dolls that we saw, but we all agreed that antiquing is kind of like a treasure hunt.  You find one cool thing, and it makes all the creepy dolls worth it.  ha.


So, here are our finds...  
(please excuse the not-great pictures)

We bought 2 old pop wooden crates.  Super cool.  Abby wants to look for more.
And, that cool bird cage.

...and this neat old school desk.  The girls are obsessed with it.

In the future, I'm thinking of keeping my eyes out for letters.  Maybe not the whole alphabet, but possibly an arrangement of just the first letter of our last name -as many as I can find.  (picture from Pinterest)

I also love this idea of collecting globes.  They look cool up on the cabinets.  We saw several but they were more than I wanted to spend. I need to keep looking...  (picture from Pinterest)

Do you antique?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails