Sunday, May 9, 2010

Not for sissies

Motherhood, that is. These are from a book titled, motherhood is not for sissies. I received it from my mom my first Mother's Day.

"Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes."

"Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside."

"Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes things more acceptable for a while."

"I don't know why they say 'you have a baby.' The baby has you."

"All mothers are working mothers."

"I figure if the kids are alive at the end of the day, I've done my job."

"Motherhood is not for the fainthearted. Used frogs, skinned knees, and the insults of teenage girls are not meant for the wimpy."

"When all else fails, pray."

There are so many more to pick from, but I'm out of time. Happy Mother's Day to all moms and a very special one to mine.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails