Tuesday, January 19, 2010

From Upper Room

With all the changes that our family is going through right now, this Upper Room daily devotional seemed worthy of sharing.

Today's Scripture

The Lord says, "See, I am doing a new thing!"

-Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)




WHAT is God up to now? How did I ever end up at a writers conference? I can barely spell correctly. Just writing for my speaking engagements as a pastor's wife takes hours of exhausting effort.

God has such a sense of humor! God provided the conference fee, a free plane ticket, even my meal money. How could I not go? Though I wouldn't have dreamed this for myself, it is clear that God has new adventures on my horizon. What a blessing to hear the words of Isaiah 43:19: "See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?" (NIV). I believe that God is creating a new thing in me.

Considering this "new thing" God wants me to do fills me with fear. The task seems daunting. I am not a wordsmith. My husband, an English major with a master's degree and a Ph.D., should be the writer.

But I believe that God calls unlikely persons to do the extraordinary. I don't know what lies in my future, but I do know that God may call all of us to do "new things." If we believe this and trust, God will equip us as we write new chapters in our lives.


Prayer
Father, help us to never allow our fears to stand in the way of the wonderful plans you have for us. Open our eyes and hearts to see you in all you call us to do. Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails