Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lent

So, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, and therefore begins Lent. As an adult, I haven't really given stuff up for Lent, but in the last few years, I have joined a Lenten Study at church. I like the idea of adding something beneficial to your (spiritual) life rather than giving up something. This year, however, our church is doing something a little different and having a church wide study, instead of having a variety of different studies occuring at the same time. I have to admit, I was bummed because I like choosing a study that appeals to me. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to participate in the churchwide study yet (I have a week to decide).

When I was in college, I had a year that I gave up French Fries, and in high school, often friends at church would talk about different things they might give up. Gum, chocolate, chips, etc.

This year, I am contemplating a combination of adding to and giving up something. Being that I just had a baby, I thought maybe I could use Lent as a time to kick start better eating and health habits. I've slid a little and am not eating as well as I could. I'm pretty desperate right now to get my body into shape, and this may be a way to do it. Kind of like a New Year's resolution. It might also help get me into shape for the summer, which I am sure will be here faster than I know. Summer is my favorite time of year, and yet, it is a season that it is difficult to be out of shape because you simply wear less clothing. I am planning on getting back to Pilates the week of my postpartum appointment, which will also help.

So, is anyone with me?

2 comments:

Lodie (my nickname) said...

You know your momma is with you!!!!! I have been off a bit these last few days. Not horrible, but not good either.

Leon said...

It's great to see her alert! I realize my time with her is limited but I like open eyes. Thanks for the pictures. Another Sweetheart for papaw.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails