Friday, November 15, 2013

Leaves, leaves, leaves

As I type this, Matt is in the back yard, tackling the fall leaves back there.  We teamed up in the front, and then I had to head in to feed Lily lunch.  After I finish the blog, I'm about to head back out.  

I think we are the last on the cul-de-sac to get to it.  With Matt being out of town for over a week, and our travel out of town 2 weekends ago, we just haven't had time.  This is our first year with leaves like this.  This is definitely the disadvantage of the big trees!  The only good part of getting to it so late is that most of the trees are done dropping leaves, so our work should last.

This picture is from last weekend, but the background gives you an idea of the back yard's leaves.  Totally covered.  You can't see the grass at all.



Here is the from, after we started today.  Matt was blowing the leaves out of the flower beds and I was raking.  We were surprised how many bags we filled in the front, and it wasn't even very bad!  I'm jealous of communities that can just rake them out to the curb and they come get them.  We have to bag them, and it's a lot more work.  In our city, you can put up to 40 bags a week out during November and this week some of our neighbors had a lot.  I'll be curious how many we get.


Well, I starting to feel guilty, so I better get out there to help....  :)

UPDATED TO ADD:  I helped for about 35 minutes and now we're out of bags so we had to stop.  So close to begin done, and yet, not.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails