Thursday, November 21, 2013

Haircuts and Sight Words

Yesterday was haircut day for the girls.  They were very overdue.  I know we do haircuts more than some parents of girls, but with their short cuts, they really start to look scraggly when it gets grown out.  The girls got to choose how much they wanted to trim off, and they both trimmed it back up to chin length.  I think they feel like new ladies today!


This morning, Lily and I are just hanging out.  Thursdays seem to be the one morning of the week that we regularly get to take it easy.  I look forward to it.  Today she is playing with her "Sight Word Flashcards."  I bought them a week or two ago because she was starting to get really interested.  As usual, she surprised me on how many she just knew all on her own.

Here is a stack of them that she says she knows with no practice this morning... 22 of them (then she counted them).  I still don't know how she picks it all up.  Kids are sponges.  Proof that lots of reading is effective, I guess.  :)  Read to your kids!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails