Monday, June 10, 2013

It's like learning to ride a bike

Today we took the training wheels off of Abby's bicycle.  It's been coming for a while.  Our new neighborhood is perfect for learning because we are now on a very quiet cul-de-sac.  


We started with Abby in shorts and Matt barefoot.  Probably not the best planning.  Lily also chased them with her play cell phone, "taking videos."  I ended up having to pick her up and hold her just to get her out of the way.

We eventually had a small wipeout-no blood-and went in for about 10 minutes, and then came back out at Abby's request (after her tears were dried). Now she is in pants and sneakers and Matt in shoes, you'll notice.




Lily and I set up camp in the garage to give them space to learn, but I stepped inside for a second to get my phone to take a video and she's back outside running along "taking video" again.  I give up.


She's not riding independently yet, but we've made some improvements already.  I don't think it will take long!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails