Thursday, May 2, 2013

Worms, Tadpoles, and Furnaces

Today was a very, very long day.

It started great.  I joined Lily's preschool class on a field trip.  We went to a local cooperative farm market that is redeveloping a former concrete facility.  It is in the beginning stages of a multi-year plan, and now they are focused on growing worms.  Yes, worms.  Why?  Because worms make the soil fertile for the future.  It is a really neat project.  There is a ton to say about it and I know about 1% of the information, but the kids learned about worms and how to plant a seed.

Here, Lily held a worm.  I couldn't believe it!  She didn't have to, but she did.  She said it tickled.


Their leader, Miss Rosie, also had tadpoles to show them.  They were crazy!  Look how big there were!!



The field trip was very fun.  The bad news is that after that, my day went downhill...

First, the house we are selling as hail damage that was discovered by the inspection.  So, I'm dealing with roofing contractors and insurance adjusters.   The roof guy comes highly recommended by someone I trust (and was very nice), but it's still more to balance.

And, second...

We had an appointment scheduled for furnace/AC cleaning at our new house and they found a TON of problems.  Like a lot.  Like it's a trainwreck.  Our new house has 2 furnaces and 2 AC units.  I don't think the original owners ever did routine maintenance and they weren't very good units to start with.  It's not good.  

I'm in one of the moods where I'm thinking being an adult right now isn't very much fun anymore.  When did I get old enough to have to be this responsible?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails