Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pass the salt?


So. It's a new day.  As a family, Matt and I tried to hit the "reset" button last night.  We hooked up our new TV (which I'll explain), and watched some movies at home.   Ate dinner in front of the TV.  No iPads, no iPhones, just hanging out.

One of the silly things that has made the last week tough for the girls and I has been that our regular living room television broke.  Nice timing, right?  It's bad, but for us, we unwind and have "movie night" all the time.  So the most stressful event ever (moving) and we haven't had our normal routine OR what we do to unwind and relax.  We haven't been able to watch the morning news while we eat breakfast, and we miss our GMA!  I know it's bad for you, but we've missed our couch time in front of the TV.  I would imagine if it had happened any other time it probably wouldn't have mattered as much, but right now?  When like is crazy.  We needed that normal.

Last night,we finally got the new one kind of hooked up (we're missing one cable for DirecTV -of course it had to be different from the old TV), but we could watch DVDs.  We hit the video store and rented Return to Nim's Island.  By the way, it was horrible.  We loved Nim's Island (Matt and I like it too-for a kid's movie).  The sequel?  It was bad.  Even Abby agreed.

After the girls went to bed, we finally got to see Silver Linings Playbook.  Sooooo good!!!  Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence were excellent.  I get why it was so acclaimed at the Oscars now.  Sooo good. Highly recommend.  We loved it.


So, where am I now?  Hopefully not on the verge of a nervous breakdown anymore!  :)

I'm trying to let go of the bad stuff today and roll with the punches.  I'm finding the positive.  If we have to have a new furnace, at least it will be efficient, and clean, and better than the one we have now.   That all said, I'm not sure I can talk about yesterday's bad news anymore.  It sucks even when you are trying to be positive.

I have friends who check in on me and ask me if I need help and I usually say no.  This week, I am in no place to refuse help.  We move on Friday.  It's D-Day.  

Today however, is G-day as in Girl Day.  We have haircuts scheduled and gymnastics and a birthday party.  So, D-Day starts tomorrow.  

Thanks to everyone who checks in on me.  I feel very loved. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails