Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One Little Word

I think it was a year ago, I heard about this idea on a blog I read of choosing "one word" to inspire your upcoming year.  She used this blog as her inspiration.  The blogger talks about how "one little word" can have big meaning in your life.  You can focus on it, you can meditate on it, reflect on it in daily life, it can inspire you, etc.  The author's words have included:  play, open, vitality, nurture, light, up, and story.

I also found this site.  It has a more faith-based spin, but the same basic idea.  One word.  As a resolution for the year.  Here is a bank of their words for inspiration:


After doing my "research" for this blog, I almost feel like I could pick two.  :)  The two categories almost seem different, don't they?  Well, I picked from the picture word bank so far.

My word is surrender.

For me it is something I can work on in lots of different places, but the overriding think is trying to surrender the control I think I have to have on everything.  Who I'm giving that to is the next step.  Sometimes it's small.  Sometimes it's big.  :)  It's a journey.

What's your word?

1 comment:

Lodie (my nickname) said...

Okay, you got me - I have a word - A year seems like a long time for this A D D girl (I am more convinced daily that I do have it - ADD that is). But I will give it a try.

My word is confidence.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails