Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Paint Samples

After seven years, I am ready to repaint our living room. It has been painted red since we moved into it. At the time, the TLC show, Trading Spaces, was really popular and red was always a "hot" color on the show, so I wanted to try it. I really liked it and still like it, but am ready for a change. Matt and I are thinking a subtle color this time: the compete opposite of what we have now. We are leaning towards light shades of blue or green. We went to Restoration Hardware and took a bunch of their paint samples. We aren't planning on buying the paint from there, but thought they might have some good colors. We'll then just take the sample to our local home improvement store and have it matched.

Abby has heard lots of talk of paint samples and watched Matt and I put them all out and pick our favorite colors. She really didn't like our color choices, so she created some paint samples of her own to include among the choices.



As of right now, we are planning on painting in a week and a half. Abby and Lily are going to go to Grandma and Papa's house so that Mommy and Daddy can work without distractions. Otherwise, it would take us forever, I fear. I am really excited about the transformation and really nervous about leaving Lily for more than a few hours. We haven't done that yet, and though I know that she is in capable hands, it will be hard to leave her. Abby, I don't worry about so much. She isn't really very thrilled that Lily is going too, but it is necessary for us to get the work done. She has warmed to the idea some, so by the time it arrives, she'll be fine.

I'll keep you posted with before and after pictures!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails