Friday, July 31, 2009

Moving Up

The Britax Frontier AKA Abby's new booster seat

We've moved to the next stage in carseats. Lily is looking to be weighing in around the 18 pound range, and her current seat has a 22 pound maximum for safety. We decided that the best option was to buy Abby a booster and move Lily into Abby's current seat. I researched boosters quite a bit and talked so some mom friends. Originally I thought we'd go with a basic booster, it had to have a back because Abby isn't heavy enough, but wouldn't have a 5 point harness. After much thought, I decided that it wasn't worth saving some money if it wasn't as safe. So, we again went with the Britax (many argue, the best). This one converts to a booster with regular seat belt, but for now uses a 5 point harness. It also attaches to the car with LATCH (not all boosters do). Abby got to pick from about 4 colors (pink, red, khaki, and black) and chose red over pink (gasp!).

I looked around at area retailers and ended up getting quite a deal. Babies R Us sold it for $279.99 (another gasp!) and BuyBuy Baby sold it for $229.00. I had a 20% off coupon for BuyBuy Baby, so we ended up getting it for $183.99!! That is almost $100 cheaper than we would have gotten it from Babies R Us!!!!! Go me, go me, go go go me!! We only bought one for my car for the time being. I'm installing it today because Abby is soooo excited (and then I can clean up her old one). It has cup holders, which I think is a big draw for her (because she's always drinking in the car? Ummm, no.). Makes it cool. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails