Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Lion King Today



Today Matt and I took Abby to her first Broadway show, the Lion King. It was part of a Broadway Across America series that is here. Matt surprised Abby and I with tickets as our big Christmas gift. It was wonderful. Abby had seen the movie at daycare, so she was familiar with some of the songs and characters already. She did so well, though because it was a 2:00 showing, she missed her nap and it showed a few times. She had some loud yawns at times!

If you haven't seen this musical, it begins with the parade of animals down the aisles of the theater during the song "Circle of Life". It is a pretty powerful number and a great opener. Abby's face lit up as it started and everytime a new animal was visible, she got excited. I have to admit, I got a little emotional watching Abby take it all in. I'm blaming it on pregnancy hormones. I have included (at the top) a picture I found online of that song. It is (in my opinion) the best number of the whole show.

What a fun day.

2 comments:

Everything Lissy said...

What? No ticket for me????

fairy door said...

I saw Lion King when it came thru Cincinnati and I got emotional too - the music is just so powerful - i thought it was one of the better productions i've seen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails