Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby/Pregnancy Update

It has been a while since I've done much updating on here about the pregnancy. Today I had my 32 week appointment. Everything looks great. The baby's heartbeat was around 150 beats/min. which is very good. Apparently, though I feel like I'm the size of a house, I am actually doing well on weight gain and size. I was pleasantly surprised that I have gained only 27 pounds (which is within a very normal range), because I never look at the scale when they weigh me. My doctor and I had a laugh because I reacted with such surprise that it was a good number! I had feared that I would be up 40 pounds or something! All of my annoying pregnancy complaints are just that, annoying. They aren't anything to worry about, and really, are much better than they were with Abby.

As far as the non-medical stuff goes, we are slowly getting ready around the house. I'm starting to feel like I'd really like to be more ready than I feel. We are going to work on it quite a bit over Christmas break. I still haven't gone through Abby's old stuff to see what newborn clothes will be warm enough for this time around. We also have some furniture to move around. I've spent some time talking about it with Abby, because she'll be losing some furniture, but she is excited about some of the changes we are going to make in her room. I'm hoping if we can spin it that way she will not struggle with that part of it as much.

Matt and I have talked baby names some, but still haven't narrowed it down to "the one". We have a top 3 now, which we are keeping to ourselves- sorry, I know that is hard, but I'm feeling good about our choices (though he did shoot down one of my favorites on the list). We will probably do it the way we did with Abby, where you all will find out when she is born.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails