Thursday, July 31, 2014

crickets

It was crickets around here yesterday.  Except for an occasional sniff from me, which wasn't embarrassing because I was alone and no one knew (except now, because I'm outing myself).

I thought I was totally prepared to put my baby on the bus to kindergarten.  Until it was here.  And then?  Not so much.  I felt very sad, and very lonely and very alone.  And no one could really fix that for me.  I just have to deal.  And I am.  But for a day or two.... I'm sad and I miss her when she's at school.  

But Lily?  Sooooo NOT sad!  

This was during breakfast on the first day.

They were very excited!  Which DID make me happy.


I went to the grocery store this morning and was still kind of in a "zone" from my emotional bus stop time.  But, after lunch I zoned out to some TV shows that I can't watch with the girls, so there's a bonus for having them both at school.  I'm still working on how I'm going to fill my days in the future.
---
I was so excited to pick them up from the bus stop at the end of the day.  Abby was as patient as she could be while Lily shared her first day of school ever.  She was so wound up, we wondered when she would crash!  That girl was running on adrenaline, for sure.  Holy cow.  She had all good things to talk about, and she is going to sleep good tonight.  

Abby also had a good day.  It was so nice to have her talk about playing with lots of friends at recess, and "normal" things, instead of worrying about starting at a new school like last year.  It felt wonderful.  

It feels like it's going to be a really great year.  Really.  I'm excited.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails