Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tidbits

The girls have been in school for five days now.  They are doing great.  I'm getting used to it.  I'm volunteering a couple times this week at lunch to help out as another set of hands in the cafeteria.  Life is starting to feel a little more normal than last week.

On a related note, I turned in paperwork to substitute teach at the girls' school.  For those of you who don't know, I taught elementary school for 8 years before I had Lily and I still have a valid teaching license (actually I just renewed it).  I'm already getting lots of questions about what I'm open to:  would I do maternity leaves, etc?  Whoa.  Lots to think about.

We hit the State Fair on Sunday, which is a favorite thing for us.  I grew up going to the Fair every year, so I have a love for it.  This day the weather was perfect so it was packed.  Unfortunately, I got sunburned.  No one else in our family did, but I got fried.   I went for a week in the Caribbean and didn't come home burned, but a couple hours at the Fair and I come home sunburned.  On the flip side, I'm glad the girls don't have my skin.


From the top of the Ferris Wheel, which is a "must ride" every year.  Can you ride it and NOT take pictures at the top?

 

The girls, sharing a snow cone/shaved ice (below).  They chose 2 flavors, one of which was Tiger's Blood, which just sounds disgusting but apparently its just strawberry and watermelon flavor mixed- according to Google.  We hit a lot of those necessary foods this visit.  Prior to this trip, for some reason the girls had never had a Fair Elephant Ear!  Check that one off the list.  Lily, pickiest eater ever, didn't want any, but Abby had some.  We also had a Lemon Shakeup, hit the Dairy Barn, bought some Salt Water Taffy, had fresh cut potato chips...


The girls and I have been watching So You Think You Can Dance this season and supporting a local dancer, Valerie Rockey.  She is from around us, and attended the same dance studio that Abby attended from age 3-6.  She has made the Top 10, and is really amazing.  All of our votes go to her and it has been fun to cheer her on.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails