Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Update

Good morning everyone! I think my exclamation point sounds more cheerful than I feel. I have the winter blahs. Actually, I should rephrase. My whole family has the winter blahs. Last night, Matt made the mistake of commenting that summer was so much easier as he was hanging up coats, which got everyone going on all the things that are better about summer. We went on for quite a while. :) We are certainly over the cold.

However, I did put together what I consider something wintery this morning... a (new) crockpot meal. I have high hopes that it will be delicious. It's not complicated at all. I saw the recipe (if you can call it that) on another blog, who referenced another blog, who got the original recipe here. It's basically chicken and potatoes, and I threw in carrots, with Italian salad dressing, Italian spices, and Parmesan cheese. Yum.


Abby and her new hat. Most of you have seen this picture on Facebook. She is still loving her it and wears it to school everyday.

Lily licking the beater from when we made cookies on "Girls Day".

This weekend we surprised the girls with tickets to the Disney on Ice show Dare to Dream with the Disney princesses. It was fabulous and they loved it. This is a (crummy) picture of Rapunzel swinging on her hair.

We are in full birthday prep mode for Lily's third birthday. I can't believe one week from today she will be 3! The party supplies have arrived. I also made a cute bunting (below). She loves it. It will be fun to get it hung, but I'm waiting until closer to the day.


Have you decorated for Valentine's Day yet? I tried to sneak in a few decorations this week. I replaced my bamboo balls with glittery hearts. You can always use a little sparkle, right? They add some fun color.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails