Monday, June 7, 2010

Move to the Music

We made it to the recital! It was Saturday evening and it went great. Abby did a fabulous job on both of her dances. Other than it being ridiculously hot backstage (and I mean ridiculously), I even enjoyed it more this time because I wasn't the rookie parent this time around. I ordered the DVD of the show this year (very expensive, though), because I missed so much being backstage. When I saw some of these pictures (that another parent took), it was the first time I saw some of the backdrops!

The first half of the recital was called Candyland. Abby's class did a tap dance to "On the Good Ship Lollipop.





The second half was called, "Princess Stories." Abby's class' dance was part of the Ariel section, and they danced to "Part of Your World." By that time, even the heat backstage was bothering Abby, in addition to the itchy costume. We walked around a bit to cool off, so I thought it was the perfect time to get some pictures where it wasn't so crowded. She wasn't in the mood for pictures at all and ran away from me!


All was well, however, once she joined her friends while they waited to go onstage.




A job well done, and now we are done with dance until fall. Next year she'll be in Beginner I.



(Can you believe they have enough kids to do the show 5 times in one weekend?
I'm always amazed.)


1 comment:

Lodie (my nickname) said...

What a joy to be there and see the whole thing in person. She was absolutely great!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails