Sunday, February 21, 2010

I finally bought one


I finally bought one.

A Neti Pot, that is. (Sexy, huh?)
I broke to the pressure. So many people (Dr. Oz!) swear by them if you have sinus infection problems, which I do. Click here to read an article called "Do Neti Pots Really Work?" The jury is still out here.

A couple years ago, I had an ongoing sinus infection for about five months (!). The antibiotics would work and then a week later, the infection would be back. I had a CT done of my sinus' and saw an ENT. No fun. Since then, I always request a specific antibiotic that seems to work the best. Augmentin, if anyone is curious.

Fast forward to today. I have a cold. At least I think that is all it is so far. It isn't bad enough to call the doctor yet, but it is ALL in my sinus area. Matt has almost the same thing but his isn't nearly as bad. My purchase of the neti pot is to hopefully keep the infection at bay and get better faster. I used it this afternoon for the first time. Weird. It just isn't natural to pour junk up your nose. I did it on one side of my nose first, and that was a little awkward. But the package said to do it on both sides, so I did, and the second side went smoother. But it sure does feel weird. It doesn't hurt, but it's still weird.

So, here's to it working and making me a believer!! Cheers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails