Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A trip to the dentist


(not my teeth)

I had my sixth month check up today, but it was probably 7 because I postponed it a little for the birth of Lily. I have had a history of pretty good oral health, with not much work. I had my first cavity when I was pregnant with Abby at the age of 29. My dentist caught it so early, that they didn't even had to numb or drill. She equated the tool they used to a sandblaster. I had my first "real" cavity about a year or so ago. With all the amazing technologies in the dental field, it was caught quite early, but it still had to be "drilled". My next appointment or two, they put watches on a couple of teeth, but they weren't bad enough to worry about yet. UNTIL TODAY. Ugh. The two that had watches on were bad enough to be officially cavities and there was a third too. They put a watch on another tooth, but I have decided to just have that one taken care of too, so that I can get them all over with. That makes FOUR cavities!!!!!!!! My hygenist said that they were all in spots that toothbrushes just can't reach, and it was simply a matter of time. I guess that should make me feel better, but it is still FOUR! I like my dentist, but I have to admit I'm not looking forward to spending two hours with him next Tuesday, OR paying him 500 and some odd dollars, after insurance. With that, I think I'll go eat some sticky, sugary candy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails