Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reading

Do you think Abby will be a reader?



This is what I saw when I went to get Abby up one morning this week. I expected her to be asleep, but no, she was "reading". She is obsessed with Magic Tree House books. I read them aloud to her at bedtime. When she "reads," she flips through all the pages, possibly making up stories (I guess), and looking at the pictures.   There is at least one picture per chapter, and she loves the characters.  I worry sometimes that the plot is a little over her head, but apparently, it doesn't matter to her.  When I told her she needed to get up and get dressed, she told me that she needed to finish the chapter!  So to my mom, apparently as she gets older, I'll just need to take her to the library to get some new library books to have an afternoon to myself?  Sound familiar?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails