Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 2 of being dilated, and here's why...

I posted this picture yesterday.  I'm not usually one for selfies, but my eyes go all out when they get dilated.  Lily said I looked like an alien.  


It is now 24 hours later, and I still look like this.  At least almost.  They're minimally better, but not much.  So, here is what's up...

A little over a year ago, I had LASIK.  I have always had very poor vision.  For those of you who understand prescriptions, I wore a -6.0 contact.  That's a pretty strong prescription.  It was impossible for me to function without glasses or contacts.  

Surgery went great.  I've had some dry eye problems, but that's pretty common.  I now take Restasis eye drops.   My vision was perfect a day after the surgery.  Six months after?  Not so much.  It actually takes up to a year for your eye to heal all the way, and I'm one of those few whose surgery wasn't a 100% success.  I should preface that by saying that my vision is still light years better than it was before.  I can function with out correction if I have to.  BUT, I'm now in corrective lenses of -1.0 with an astigmatism.  

Yesterday started my very short journey to (hopefully) my enhancement surgery.  I had to have a full dilation exam, where they use stronger drops than normal (which is why I still look weird).  My eyes should be back to normal sometime today.  And, next Wednesday, I have my official "consultation" to make sure my cornea is thick enough to correct again.  If so, I have my second LASIK surgery next Friday!  It will be at no cost.  I am nervous about many parts, mostly because its the second time around.  Keep me in your thoughts, and I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails