Friday, March 22, 2013

Today is World Water Day


If your know my family personally, you may know that clean water is a cause that we are passionate about.  It is just something that struck a chord in me and become one of the those missions that is really important to us.  Which brings me to today.

Today is World Water Day.

In our passion for clean water, we have chosen the organization "charity: water" to donate through.  They use World Water Day as a day to get people to donate their birthdays as a type of pledge.  What this means is that when your birthday rolls around, instead of gifts, you ask for people to donate to charity: water in honor of your birthday instead.  Pretty cool.  I don't know about you, but I don't NEED anything anyway.  But, I do know that I would want my daughters to be able to go to school instead of walking for hours to get dirty water that is going to make them sick anyway.

Sooo, go.  Go give your birthday here.  Or, just give today.  Just, go.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails