Monday, November 5, 2012

Seeing the world through new eyes, including an awesome gymnastics show

So.  I have new eyes!  

Today marks one week post op since my LASIK surgery.  Woohoo!  No more glasses or contacts for me.  I do however, live with constant eyedrops now.

For those of you who are curious, the surgery was good.  I wasn't nervous at all.  I was more nervous about finding out if I qualified, and the post op.  You know, not messing it up afterwards since you have to be so careful (you do, for those of you who don't know).  The whole thing took less than 15 minutes.  That's actually how long Matt waited, so for me if was less than 10.  Most of the time at the office/surgery center we spent waiting.  It was a little uncomfortable, but it was so fast that you can't really complain too much.

The post op was a little worse than I thought it would be, if I'm being honest.  I was really sore the day of.  My doctor things it might be because my prescription was pretty bad and so that means they remove more tissue.  After the first day, I just felt really dry and like I had stuff in my eyes.  The thing is, you can't touch eyes, or run water over them.  Showers are tricky.  I finally washed my face in the shower (instead of at the sink) on Friday.  It was glorious.  Everyday gets better.  Now, I'm just really dry, which is a uncomfortable, but doable.  I've had two post op appointments and everything looks great.

~~~

On Friday night, we took the girls to see the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions.  It had all the big names from the Olympic Gymnastics teams (unless they are currently injured).  

It was awesome.  

My pictures kind of stink, but we had a great time.  It wasn't like a competition.  It truly was a show, with music and dancing.  The girls got to see their favorites:  Gabby Douglas and Jordan Wieber;  and I got to see one of my favorites:  Aly Raisman.  Matt even got to see his fave:  the trampoline gymnasts.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails