Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekend Recap

School is out for summer!  Craziness.  Abby ended her first grade year with the annual running of her school's "Little 500," as I mentioned in my last post.  We went, of course, and it was fun.  They really do it up.

This first picture is the whole first grade with their cars.  We had the singing of the National Anthem, and they sang "Back Home Again in Indiana," followed by them blowing bubbles.  They then started their engines. 


We had a flyby by a military helicopter which was SUPER cool, and then it circled and LANDED right there in front of us!  It was awesome.  I wish I had video.


All the kids went out in heats to run, and then they had a final heat of the winners.  Here is Abby all lined up to run.  She didn't win, but I think she had fun.

----
We then left her at school to finish her day (the race was in the morning and she had a full day).  When she got home, The girls and I had a girls only road trip to Grandma and Papaw's house.  Matt had a retreat for church all weekend, so he wouldn't didn't miss us.

While we were there, we visited a cool trampoline/playset place where the girls got to jump until their hearts were content.  It was actually a showroom for high end playsets and trampolines, but they sell play passes and host birthday parties.  My mom bought a pass for 6 visits on Groupon.  It was fun.  I even jumped with the girls for couple minutes and it didn't hurt my knee!






My sister kept trying to get a good picture of the three cousins and caught this keeper.  Hilarious.  Poor Jacob.  Just let me play, Mommy, and quit trying to take my picture!  



My goal for this week is to get the girls on a summer sleep schedule.  After waking up at 5:45 all school year, I need a break.  Last night I let them stay up to watch Dancing with the Stars and then we read for a few minutes.  They both slept until about 7:15!  I can do that!  I thought it would take longer than Tuesday with Lily.  Pray that my good luck continues!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails