Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Medieval Fun- Our first Kiwi Crate

A while back on Facebook, I posted about a new thing I heard about called Kiwi Crate that I signed the girls up for.  It sounded super cool and I was really excited about it.  Basically it's a monthly subscription and you get a themed crafty project (with all the supplies) to create.  BUT, you don't know the theme until it arrives.  (If you're interested in buying one-check the bottom of this blog entry for a $10 off link)

I didn't tell the girls anything about it.  Yesterday, this green box arrived in our mailbox and we didn't open it right away (because I knew then we'd have to DO it), and the suspense of not knowing what was in it drove Abby truly insane.


After lunch, we finally opened it, and this was what we first pulled out.  Scissors.  When you get your first ever Kiwi Crate, they send you scissors for all future projects.  Since I signed up for 1 crate + a sibling, I got 2 pairs.

And, now for the fun part.... our projects!  The theme is Medieval Fun.  
Our projects are "My Catapult" and "Medieval Dress Up"

We decided, based on time and such, that we would do the catapult first.  Again, I paid for 1 crate + a sibling so I got supplies for both of them.  Here are all the supplies that are part of the project:

Decorating their boxes:


The completed catapults:


Abby catapulting a pink pom pom.  They included a ping pong ball and assorted sizes of pom poms.  They also included lots of suggestions for challenges.  Abby tried lots of them.

Another cool part is that there are suggestions to take the theme farther on their site.  They suggested some pictures books that have the medieval theme, which I have already put on hold at the library.  We have plans to do the dress up activity later this week.

SO, I'm just sharing because I thought Kiwi Crate was cool.  If you are at all interested, use this link to sign up and it will give you $10 off.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails