Monday, March 5, 2012

Double Sided Fabric Headband Craft

Lily and decided to try a little craft today inspired by a pin on Pinterest. This is the link. I tweaked the pattern a little to make it smaller for little heads. and just used raw elastic, instead of covering it. I now have a VERY happy 3 year old.

Our first step was to choose fabric. I quite a few little girl friendly fabrics, so this was fun. She chose butterfly for one side of the headband, and stars for the other side. For Abby's, we chose rainbow, and a random summer print. I chose the most grown-up prints I had for mine.

It was pretty easy.

This is the original "pattern". The pink/red line is how I changed it. I made it quite a bit smaller, and I didn't use the elastic cover.

You have to cut two to sew together (front and back). You could do the same fabric, but it's more fun to make it reversable and then it's like you have two!

Here is my helper, sitting by my side (with our sample on her head-it's black)...

(here is the headband after I turned it the right side out, before ironing)

Amazing what a little ironing can do... I also topstitched it, because I like the way it looks, and I think it holds it together better.

Here is the other side.

...and our model.

Oh, and in case you want to know for yourself... the whole project- to make three, took less than an hour.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails