Friday, November 11, 2011

My first adventure with Cake Pops

This week I made cake pops for the first time ever. I also ate my first cake pop for the first time ever. One of my own. :)

Based on my little bit of research there are 2 major ways to make them. You can either have a special pan or baking iron thing (like a waffle iron), or you mold them yourself (they're more like a truffle this way).

We did the second option. You bake a cake the normal way in a 13x9 pan and then crumble it up. Then, you mix in 3/4 of a can of frosting and roll that into balls. I used my cookie scoop to make it easier. Chill, dip in chocolate, and decorate.

I froze most of the balls to dip later, but here are our results....






1 comment:

Melissa said...

I wondered how they were made. I never took the time to look up instructions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails