Monday, October 20, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

We just returned from a visit to Matt's family in TN. It is approximately a 7 hour drive, with a meal stop. We made really good time today. I smartly took my camera so we could get some pictures of Abby and her cousin Kyle while we were there. I "un-smartly" never took the camera out and took any pictures. Duh.

One of the nights we were there, I took Abby upstairs to get her into her nightgown and comb her hair. She got the comb out of the toiletry bag all by herself, so I praised her for being so big. It went a little like this:

Carrie: Abby, you are so big! How old are you? Six? You must be six.

Abby: I'm not six-y!

Carrie: No. No, you're not. (laughing my head off)

If only she could have understood how hilarious what she said sounded. (If you didn't catch it, say it aloud.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails